We’re Home!


Owen and I took a quick 3 day trip to visit my parents. We weren’t even sure if we were going to go, mainly since the dang weather is so unpredictable and driving in the snow scares the bejeebies outta me. But, we made it. 4 hours later…it was a long trip. We got to the top of the mountain pass, and it started raining. Fine, no biggie. Then, out of no where….snow. SNOW.

Let me back up. We bought snow chains/cables for the car about a week ago. I figured eventually I’d need them, but I also counted on hubby to be with  me, so he could just put them on. Apparently, hubby wants me to be independent and self-reliant (traits I clearly don’t think I need….) so he taught me  how to put the chains on by myself. And he timed me. Then made me do it without a flashlight in the dark (be feel only…really.) Am I training to be in the pit crew for Nascar? No, I’m not. So not sure why all the darkness was necessary. Anyways, my second day of it, I did both tires in less than 20 minutes. But just know this about me. I don’t like to get dirty. I religiously wipe down my grocery cart with 400 wipes before I will even touch it. I don’t like to touch dirt. Even if I’m home sick with the throw up flu, I will take a shower AND blow dry my hair. I mean, I want to look good. I want to be clean. Germs freak me the heck out. Back to my story…to install these said chains on said tires, I have to lay on the dirty ground, on my back, and stick my hands under my tires to fasten the chains. I mean, it’s bad people.  But, I can do it.

And I didn’t even need the stinkin chains for this last trip!

My dad is having knee surgery today. Actually, he’s probably already home by now. He got hurt at work, and for the past 3 months has been trying to work and walk around with a 1 inch piece of “debris” floating around inside. I say 3 months because Workers Comp was taking their sweet @$$ time to get all the paperwork in order. Ugh. So, if you would, just think some positive healing energy thoughts for my dad today. We’d appreciate it.



About Erin

I'm a mom to the sweetest little boys ever, Owen & Colin. Owen was born in April of 2007 after 22 hours of active labor in a hospital. Love him more than life. Knowing I didn't feel another hospital birth was right for me, Colin was born at home surrounded by our 2 midwives and our little family. I've been married to my hubs for 7 years. We met in 1997 in an AOL Chatroom...the rest is history. I'm crazy. I'm funny. I am socially awkward. This is my life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s