So, I’m browsing on Pinterest (an addiction of mine) and I come across this recipe for fried pickles. YUM. These bad boys are cooked under your broiler and don’t call for tons of hot vegetable oil (scary) so I figured I’d give them a go. I did half this recipe, since hubby is at work and Owen wouldn’t eat as much as me. haha I must say, these are a new favorite of mine. So yum when you dip them in ranch and hot sauce.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty little crunchy treats.
Pickles (I just used the dill slices we had in our fridge)
1/3 c flour
1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp hot sauce (if you are trying to induce labor, I suggest an extra shake, just for good measure)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Cajun seasoning (I just used some Lawry’s seasoning salt)
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 Panko bread crumbs
Ranch and hot sauce for dipping
1. Turn oven broiler on high.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and flour. Then add in the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Put Panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dunk your pickle slices in the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs. Press well to make sure the crumbs stick to the pickle.
4. Put pickles on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Broil on high for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with Ranch and hot sauce. Eat entire plate and then curse yourself for not making more. 🙂
I’m so sad that I didn’t make more and that I’m almost out of pickles AND Panko. I think an emergency trip to the grocery store is totally justified. I may have gone a little crazy with the hot sauce though and now I have heartburn. On a positive note, seems like my contractions are now every 5-7 minutes and more painful than they’ve been. If these crunchy bits of heaven induced my labor, I’m totally calling them Labor Pickles from now on. We’ll see…… 🙂